Sunday, October 11, 2026

ORANGE IS THE WORD (October 11/119 or not)


 RANDOM If you don't think men can multi-task, watch how many take a newspaper, or in today's vernacular, a cell phone into the bathroom with them. Though the big question is do they wash their hands afterward? Anon./just kidding it was my quote.

Feeling nostalgic, the daughter has been posting old Facebook pictures of her son as a baby/toddler. Upon mentioning it to the grandson, he was less than thrilled. So Grandpa said maybe Nana should start posting baby pictures of your mom. "Please do" he responded. 😅I don't understand as both hers and his are absolutely adorable. What is it about being a male teenager that makes it so embarrassing? Though I may get the same reaction if I follow through with Grandpa's threat. Mother always said our daughter was the most photographed child in history, and that was before cell phones so maximum effort was involved. That was during the OH's photography stage as well.

FEELING ALL HALLOW Went to the lake with one of the tasks being stringing up the Halloween decor. We have quite a collection out there having given up on our local neighborhood. Despite a plethora of school-agers around us, they do not beg in our neighborhood. No doubt the lack of sidewalks and streetlights has impacted the number of houses around us who even bother distributing. Though we loyally walked literally miles through our expanded neighborhood when it was our turn in the begging business. Fortunately, it tired the daughter out pretty well too so Dad and I could confiscate a few choice pieces, as we performed our due diligence by examining the loot for suspicious packaging of course, while she crashed.

 At the lake we actually have a spinning pumpkin head lighthouse to mark the spot. Though I usually provide Butter Shots for the over 21's, this year I am attempting vodka Jello shots. At any rate, we are known for treating both sides of the age gap by providing the big candy bars and booze. Oddly enough only the parents of the older kids take the drink. The cute itty-bitty participants usually have conscientious parents who believe the holiday is about the kids.  They'll learn. My own father would accompany us with his pith helmet (no I have no idea how he obtained it) and was known for accepting the odd beer or two on our rounds. Then sometimes we'd hit our cousins' locale in Grosse Pointe Woods (the big houses) while our parents partied. Now that's Halloween. As dispenser I usually just wear a long cloak over an all-black outfit and tall boots; warm and fashionable. 

BIZARRO WORLD One useless event this week included giving "special retirees" $90 to offset Medicare, not everyone and not much more than a bucket drop. Meanwhile millions more "special" people will be losing health care. With all the money we're saving shutting down foreign aid, whole departments, research, firing half the government workers, etc., etc. the national debt must be dropping like a rock. Oops guess that money is needed for the continuing destruction and building of new federal buildings and monuments and gold gilding statues. Also sad is the so-called architect of all the destruction has the artistic taste of a mud-encrusted horse-haired weevil butt. Everyday costs go up and the band plays on.  Oh yeah and there's that pesky war that has bankrupted pretty much the whole world. And just in time for mid-terms, transportation secretary has just signed orders to suspend all those pesky refunds airline passengers used to get when they get bumped, delayed, cancelled. Playbook for how to fire up the base. 😖

Also, we got rid of "Woke" so marmie could maul/kiss his new assistant and compliment her parent's breeding ability. Since we were so obtuse on what constitutes civil behavior, we needed to "mandate" human dignity, but unfortunately identifying appropriateness is considered too hard for those fragile magats. Calling a normal, respected, intelligent person (Jack Smith) a "dirt bag" after he calls out the inquisition on erroneous information is now the norm for highly placed individuals. Playground bullies always were bereft of an adequate response when confronted.  

EVERYBODY'S A'TALKING It's pretty much feast or famine in the recording world. Or should I more correctly say, when it looks like I'm dead in the proverbial river for content it always shows up, in multiples. I was cussing the lack of response to meet my monthly guota of podcasts when two people responded with their questionnaires intact and I already had promised two others. Holy tomato. I was able to suggest one move to February, and I am trying to talk MIOSHA into January to do their year-end wrap-up to accommodate my latest influx of talent. So tentatively, our topics are "Suicide in Construction" which if you haven't heard is a growing epidemic; "Emotional Intelligence in Safety Programs" "MIOSHA Wrap-Up", "Lock-out Programs" and "Technology and AI in Safety". Plus a couple of randos who have expressed interest-though are technically not yet the old bird in the hand so to speak.  That should get me through to the April conference where I pick up a couple interviews right at the conference, so feeling pretty stoked as they say. Enough already so...

Peace Out/Stay Strong/Love Your Neighbor/Eat More Cake/Drive Efficiently/Salute a Vet/Respect Flannel/Don't Plasticize Your Life/Fish Ve Where You Find 'Em/Don't Fear the Needle  💚  💙💛

                                                                         


                                                                               

No comments: