"Some people's two cents worth is why we got rid of pennies..."
Since it's a holiday weekend, I am entitled to downtime and short blogging; also alcohol, sweet desserts and general flatulence. All and all a good weekend. Met the "kids" at the lake for a day and let them take the rest of the weekend and all the bedrooms. As was pointed out, working people have precious little downtime and retirees can go whenever. As we had plans, it worked out great! Fortunately (heh heh) the weather was so lousy Saturday, the S-I-L took on some chores electrical and otherwise to fight the boredom, so we are beyond happy.
JP NAILS IT! My grandson is more like me than I knew. His family went there Friday night as they have their own key, and we couldn't be there until Saturday so like, let the party begin sooner. And for the first time in forever I was not wearing my connected watch, and my phone was on silent. Upon retrieving said phone, I found six calls from my daughter! Who died? Who burned the house down? Who unhooked the boat? Are vandals sitting on my lawn furniture? Actually, they forgot their key and were wondering if I had one hidden in the garage as they have access to that. Not reaching me, they contacted our neighbor and unofficial caretaker and breached the premises. My daughter asked her son, "think like your grandparents-where would they hide a key?" As he is there much more often than they are, a reasonable possibility he would know. He suggested the refrigerator (we have one in the garage) which was scoffed at, and wrong. Later the next day she asked me where I would put a key and I said, no shitske-probably the refrigerator. General hilarity ensued. The boy and I did not collaborate on that answer, we just think alike.
DRESS UP TIME Started the weekend with an anniversary dinner at the OH's favorite restaurant where he gets his massive prime rib (dog bags were involved) but I couldn't get a second glass of wine. (That's why you order the bottle, but then the police are extra involved holiday weekends, so it turns into a whole thing). Not sure why there was only one bartender on another floor who was apparently slammed. No biggie but they apologized with a free dessert. Well, I am not one to turn down luscious creme brulee obviously-winning! Since I have been wearing flat sandals all summer it was the first time wearing heels in three months going out to dinner. I could balance fine, but I walk so much without heels I was clomping around like a T-Rex.
LABOR OF LOVE We also attended, I think, our 35th Labor Day bash with friends where everyone brings a dish to pass so we end up with all salads or all desserts with the hostess also filling in gaps with gay abundance and abandon! I compromise by bringing one of each. Since I use the OH's favorite cake recipe for cupcakes and there are always left-overs to take home-winning! One interesting comment. In recovering from my half-decade of surgeries by focusing on exercise and smarter eating I have gotten closer to my fighting weight of many years ago. However, nothing humbles you more than when your old man gets asked "has she been sick"? What you thought was youthful-looking is translated into-what deadly disease is she fighting to achieve that fashionable starving orphan look? They should have looked at my overly laden plate as I try every offering. Some items find themselves artfully disguised and discarded when I hit an ick factor. Word to the wise: do not ask what is in something. Was that chicken chunks in that salad, um no-go no further at that point. But there was an odd item on the dessert array that apparently was dried mushrooms-ok (dessert, salad, appetizer?). In some cultures....? Yeah, I tried one. I think it is what dust would taste like if you cleaned house with your tongue.
PATHETIC POLITICS Both amusing and pathetic. Vance is calling Abdul a very, very evil man who is bringing background and religion into the campaign-no that would be your side. But then Dr. El-Sayed, an epidemiologist who chose public health and policy over private practice has spearheaded Wayne County's opioid crisis response as the county health director and championed removing lead from schools, assisted disadvantaged children obtain glasses among other programs only wants to talk about the issues. Evil indeed. Is that the best you got?
Speaking of toads, toadstools, poison mushrooms, I have found a little fairy village wrapped around our tree that appears to be anticipating tiny little occupants. It's temporary housing that sprang up after the massive amount of moisture we've experienced lately, so hopefully it serves some forest creature food or shelter.
✌Peace Out/✊Stay Strong/💖Love Your Neighbor/Eat More Cake/Drive Efficiently/Salute a Vet/Respect Flannel/Don't Plasticize Your Life/Fish Be Where You Find Them


No comments:
Post a Comment