RENO JOKE "An Elephant walks into a bar. Renovation ensues". Ta da boom
UPDATE We have floor, we have color, we have a new commode! No more schlepping down the hall tempting a sleepy plunge down the stairs. Accommodation is right across the room. Lit only by the trembling night light, obstacles avoided from a long history of muscle memory, a comforting oasis appears out of the gloom offering solace and comfort in the wee hours. (Oases are usually round).
This week includes the shower doors being installed and by Friday the fancy cabinet is placed on its lily pad throne. So close....Of course, then we have to start on the second bathroom whose flaws only became apparent as we put it to regular use, sigh. The plumber wants to be sure we have one completely functioning bathroom before he starts working on the next. Vanity is an all-in-one unit, so no waiting for install. They will perform a rip and drop in one day.
I also no longer have a child-proof medicine cabinet. Trim dude installed a massive cabinet over the toilet which is 3 feet tall. I had no idea how big that was really to going to be until I tried to reach the shelves. As I said child-proof, or small adult proof. Only the cyanide, strychnine or any of those skull and crossbones labels on the top shelves. When I asked the contractor if he was going to make a little stool for me to reach the cabinet, he wisely sent his trim dude back to lower it six inches. Which, surprise, revealed a small hole in the wall as he couldn't locate the stud. And gosh he was right there (ta da boom-his joke)!!
So, a bit more wall repair is in somebody's future-not that any normal sized person could see it. Though anyone who reads this will try to find it if they happen to be in there. Funny thing when one mentions mistakes, sometimes that's all some people remember. Years ago, I mentioned our first kitchen redo at work and an unfortunate light placement. When people from the office came over for a party, that's the first thing this one lady looked for. Some folks get off on that, I guess. It wasn't noticeable if I hadn't mentioned it, but there I go again.
EXHAUSTING Hard to only focus on one thing as the duck boy causes so many distracting crisis's every week. Couple of hits:
-First Ukraine can make Patriot missiles, now they can't-Russia bombs the proverbial sh-- out of them.
-Major bombing of Iran postponed as they're talking again - but not according to Iran who btw has attacked an American tanker. Maybe if you hadn't fired everyone who knew anything about fighting wars you might have the cojones to finish this fight. Now the whole middle east is exploding again.
-His joke peace group gets Hamas to disarm and "naughty nahoo" bombs Gaza again.
-The attorney general of choice is not going so well, so he is going to withdraw him, but then he threatens to go ahead and take billions to pay his allies if Senate doesn't approve. So that agreement that "mr b" said was withdrawn (not in writing) was really not, what one would call a lie.
-Then the persecution of the only man who held the country together in the midst of the worst pandemic in 100 years of whom mr. bleach could not rise high enough to polish the good doctor's shoes.
As if that wasn't enough, we also needed a swipe at the American people by taking away the Medicare drug subsidy which will raise millions of people's costs because they've supposedly made deals with big Pharma. I blame the media who reports every gas bubble this joker has rather than wait for real conclusive actions. He plays them like a fiddle. Except Kaitlan (just smile) Collins the warrior journalist. Or here's a thought, just report outcomes, results, consequences, not every burp in a midnight rant.
So, for heaven's sake. Vote like your life depends upon it as it does. Funny how for 240 years we had fair and free elections until a serial liar told us they were rigged and people believed him. Wow.
PCI I fear I was suffering from premature countertop installation last week thinking they were going to install last week which would have been a miracle. But this week's install is still miraculous according to our contractor. Then the final plumbing can be completed by our Plumber Philosopher. He and I were debating Hinduism and who was the stronger - Shiva or Shila-destroyer vs rebirth. He studied comparative religion in school before following in his father's wet footprints.
I'm always fascinated by people's stories. Though the OH said the plumber sure talks a lot instead of working -lol. My fault as that's how I operated at work as 1) I am truly fascinated by people's contrasts; and 2) worked well when I had to investigate boo-boos (technical term) as they knew I saw them as more than just a worker who screwed up. My family is going oh yeah-Ms talks too much actually listens? LOL.
Helps in the podcasts too as I found out a very strict safety director for a dangerous manufacturing group likes to ice climb in his spare time-you know cheating death on a regular basis; or that a management trainer on leadership helps out the local high school in robot building; or the lithium battery guru is involved in a local fire apparatus museum; and another was instrumental in getting life preservers and "Stop the Bleed" kits at State parks. People are interesting and humble.
JP TIME Enjoyed a couple of days with the grandson last week. Bowling and an overnight where we glommed on popcorn watching Roadhouse 2. Then golf with Grandpa. He then courteously let me watch A League of Their Own. He's such a gentleman. I kind of hate action, violent movies as I feel like the whole world is that way right now. He is sensitive enough to know I need to escape. LOL.
Peace Out/Stay Strong/Love Your Neighbor/Eat More Cake/Drive Efficiently/Salute a Vet/Respect Flannel/VOTE VOTE VOTE 💙 💚 💙💛


No comments:
Post a Comment