LUXURY Well my fancy pants bathroom seems to be completed. Final crazies included the dreaded drywall to cover the original holes from "too tall Tim" as I like to call him. Both the storage cabinet and mirror were just a wee bit too high for my diminutive self. So new holes, new plaster, new clean-up, though he was relatively neater this time. Then the painter comes back to cover the holes and the finger marks and the gouges as they rehung things. In a month or so I probably will not notice the flaws.
Asked the electrician to rehang the mirror rather than have "too tall" come back for a five-minute job. Though their boss agreed, do not ask one skilled trade to do another skilled trade's work. They are such prima donnas. They grudgingly moved the mirror down one inch though originally, they were asked to move the light down one inch and mirror down two, plus the gouge marks were theirs. Fortunately, the plumbing inspector just said do a video rather waiting for him to come back to be sure the faucets are aimed the right way or something.
With all the new lighting and see-through glass shower doors one feels like they are performing on stage in a porn movie. I see every eyelash when I do make-up and my wrinkles have never looked so amazing. I believe we could guide and possibly land a passenger jet on the house based on the wattage we're currently enjoying. Now the fun part of picking out accessories. The second bathroom should be proverbial child's play after my spa extravaganza. Though I have under the table asked the painter if she could "sneak" back in and paint the second bathroom ceiling for a modest fee. I could do it, but there are ladders involved, I am very messy and she's amazing-probably a 10-minute job with nary a drip.
But also, and especially important, we have de-plasticized our life. Well at least the bedroom. No longer the squishy squish across the room. Just the stairs and the landing until the 2nd bathroom is reimagined. I can live with that, well actually I don't really have a choice.
AIN'T IT THE TRUTH? 300 bank accounts closed by Capital One belonging to marmie on suspicion of money laundering, no really? Front page stuff anywhere except when you own the media. See how that bitch move works out for the orange one? 😏
BIRD WARS Must be the time of year, but the finches are fighting a never-ending turf war against the sparrows. The doves are too fat so they just sit on the ground and wait for droppings, of which there are many. At time there are more brown bodies up there than yellow, but the finch brigade regroups and dive bombs the intruders. Seed is for everyone, but the finches are prettier. Meanwhile hummer has decided these dudes have nothing to do with him so he has actually been feeding regardless of the patriot missiles and B-52 action going on next to him. Hard to think it's actually getting on in the season and everybody is filling up the tanks.
LIFE WITH JP Church dinner week and JP played his designated waiter duties, taking orders and delivering food. He likes to give me the number in different languages-what a tool. He usually chit chats with everyone, not his fault, he's just so charming and they give him gifts like cookies, crocheted potholders and advice. A young Asian gentleman had attended church and heard about the dinner, so he stopped in for food and then insisted on helping. Which was a whole adventure as he did not know a ton of English. But he did whatever he could see needed doing and we tried our best to communicate. I tried to ascertain if he was Lutheran or Christian for that matter and we were not connecting so he finally had me speak into his translator on his phone. He did understand when I asked his name and gave me an Americanized version, sigh. JP was quite impressed that Nana tried to talk to him even though we weren't doing that great at it. But the young man did understand Thank you and You're welcome and we all learned to bow to each other. A lot of courage I think to put yourself out there when you don't know the language that well.
We finally had some time off from remodel and JP's busy social life to schedule a few days at the lake to fish which he requested early in the summer. Then, of course, he was thrust into some other school projects so he can't come this week. I am sure it will get harder the older he gets, so a little bittersweet.
Just some small changes....





No comments:
Post a Comment